If your vehicle has FULL COVERAGE/COMPREHENSIVE/COLLISION coverage:
Call the office at (205) 438-5186 to arrange a time to come and view your vehicle and retrieve personal belongings.
You will need to provide
- proof of ownership
- valid driver's license
- insurance policy number
- agent information
- claim number
The office will document this info and have you sign a personal property removal form, and then escort you to your vehicle to retrieve your property. There will be no cost to you to retrieve belongings. Only personal property not attached to the vehicle may be removed. Stereos, toolboxes, step bars, bumpers, etc may not be removed unless by permission of the insurance company.
If your vehicle has LIABILITY ONLY coverage:
No property may be removed from the vehicle until arrangements have been made to settle the bill. There are several options available to you. Please call the office at (205) 438-5186 to discuss arrangements.
If your vehicle has BEEN IMPOUNDED BY THE HIGHWAY PATROL, SHELBY COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE, OR A PRIVATE PROPERTY ENTITY:
Only the registered owner of the impounded vehicle or their legal representative (proof required) may claim the vehicle from impound. In order to retrieve your vehicle you will need to provide the following:
- Impound and storage fees, must be paid in cash with exact change. Credit/debit cards or checks are not accepted as payment for impounded vehicles.
- Valid, unexpired driver's license. Registered owner must drive vehicle off the lot.
- Proof of vehicle ownership. This can be a bill of sale, vehicle title, or registration
- Proof of insurance. A valid insurance card is required for the vehicle to be driven off of the impound lot. If insurance cannot be provided, vehicle must be towed from the lot.
- Valid vehicle registration. License plate must be current for vehicle to be driven. If tag is not current, vehicle must be towed.
OFFICE/LOT HOURS ARE MONDAY - FRIDAY 8:30AM UNTIL 4:30PM. SATURDAY AND SUNDAY ARE BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. AFTER HOURS RELEASE ARRANGEMENTS MAY BE MADE BY CALLING (205) 438-5186. APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE BASED ON STAFF AVAILABILITY. AFTER HOURS RELEASE MAY INCUR AN ADDITIONAL CHARGE.